Memphis is a city known as the ‘Birth of Rock n Roll”. Year around the city is lively with music performances and entertainment. If you plan to visit Memphis in the near future, you might want to attend some of these festivals.
Popular Music Festivals in Memphis
A visit to Memphis needs to be planned well in advance. There are lots of things to do and see that if not planned properly, you might miss out stuff. Same goes in case of their music festivals. You can always check out https://wearememphis.com/play/events/ before you plan your trip. This website is your one stop shop for all the fun-loving things to do in Memphis. Here you can also learn about their culture and feel more connected to this wonderful city.
Some of the popular music festivals that you might not want to miss out on include:
- Memphis Music and Heritage Festival
- Rock for Love
- International Blues Challenge
- DreamFest Weekend
- Delta Fair and Music Festival
If you are a true fan of Rock ‘n’ Roll, then you definitely do not want to miss out on Gonerfest. This is a multi day festivals that has talent from all over US, Australia and Canada give their best performances.
The Memphis Music and Heritage Festival are held at the Labor weekend at Downtown Memphis. This is a two-day festival wherein the locals share the stories of the culture and heritage of Memphis. You also do not want to miss out on some of the local cuisines that are made in this festival.
MEMPHO is held at Shelby farms. This two-day festival celebrates different kinds of music that shape up Memphis. Rock for Love is a multi day event that features Memphis local bands performing as a fundraiser for Church Health Center.
The International Blues Challenge is a five-day music competition celebrating music of all genres. DreamFest Weekend celebrates the love for R&B, jazz, soul and many other music genres. The Delta Fair and Music Festival is a fair that has music as well as food stall, games and many more activities.
The Beale Street Music Street
Visiting Memphis, but not going to Beale Street is not doing justice to your trip. This three-day festival hosts 60 acts at four different stages. Some of the popular ones are:
- At the FedEx Stage – Performances by Margo Price and North Mississippi Allstars between 6pm to 7:30 pm
- At the Bud Light Stage – Performance by Queens of the Stone Age at 11 pm
- At Bud Light Stage – Performances by Tav Falco & Panther Burns and David Byrne at 2:20 pm and 8:50 pm respectively
- At FedEx Stage – Performances by Calexico at 3:40 pm
- At River Stage – Performances by Valerie June, Young Dolph & Erykah Badu at 3:50 pm, 5:30 pm and 8:50 pm respectively
- At Coca Cola Blue Tent: Performance by Love Light Orchestra at 7 pm
Make your trip to Memphis a lively one by attending the above musical festivals. This is one of the most sought out places by tourists.